More than a quarter of employees dream of running a business, according to a survey from Lloyds Bank Insurance.
The report reveals that 26% of workers have entrepreneurial aspirations but the fear of taking a risk is preventing a third from starting a business.
Nearly half (48%) believe that the economic environment is not strong enough, while 35% say they don’t know how to start a business.
The key findings from the survey were:
- 51% want to run their own business to have more control over work/life balance
- 46% want to take on new challenges
- 41% cited financial reasons
- 83% said they would be more motivated to work if they owned the business
- 79% said they would have greater job satisfaction
- 78% said becoming an entrepreneur would be more stressful