Management Accountant – Manchester Practice
Champion’s wide range of clients enables our team members to work with an interesting mix of businesses from many different industries.
We have a new opening for a Management Accountant to work within our Management Accounts Team to provide support and financial services to our client base.
Candidate must be able to:
- Produce financial statements including P&L account, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Produce month end and year end journals (inc. accruals/prepayments/deferred income/depreciation/wages/Intercompany transactions)
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet items
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Review and assess monthly expenditure, assets and liabilities
- Prepare and process VAT returns
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations, and communicate with HMRC when required.
- Produce cash flow forecasts
- Advise and support clients with business related decisions, based on the financial information produced
- Assist clients in improving their internal accounts function.
Ideal candidate background:
- Highly competent, with solid commercial awareness and several years’ experience within general practice or industry
- Extremely motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Currently working through their ACCA, ACA exams or equivalent (or Qualified By Experience)
- A strong understanding of Xero, Sage & QuickBooks is preferable
- Also an interest/understanding in related software products such as Dext, Fathom, Chaser, etc.
- Experience of producing accounts for a wide range of industries
- Be able to use own initiative and be an “outside the box” thinker
- Be able to work to monthly and quarterly deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial
- Committed and experienced
- 35 hours per week on a 4 day working week schedule
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive annual salary dependant on experience
- Annual salary review in January
- Group Personal Pension Scheme – 4% contribution by Champion
- Life assurance cover and Income Protection
- Varied work within a supportive, friendly team
To apply, please provide your CV and current salary details to email@example.com.