Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Our Trainee Programme and Career Development
Champion is more than just a workplace; we offer an environment that sees our employees achieve their ambitions, working alongside a highly experienced team that can share industry best practice so that everyone can reach their full potential.
We run formal training through the AAT and ACCA programmes, on the job coaching with employees’ teams and managers, and workshop sessions for trainees from across the Group.
We fund training and qualifications for our team, in exchange for a willingness, drive and motivation to give their career their all.
In the last decade, 24 of our trainees have become fully qualified advisors, with several of our directors having also joined as trainees, showcasing true career progression.
Our Charitable Giving
Between 2011 and 2021, Champion has raised almost £100,000 for various causes. Our colleagues are encouraged to identify beneficiaries close to their heart, and our culture ensures wholehearted support from staff and the company.
Senior colleagues at Champion have supported clients on a discretionary basis through difficult financial periods. We pride ourselves on the strengths of our relationships and our understanding of our clients’ finances, and as a company, we do the right thing.
Our Fair Employment Policy
Champion believes in the fair treatment of all colleagues regardless of age, race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other non-work-related differences. Our fair employment policy underpins our commitment to this goal, incorporating day-to-day working practices, recruitment, interviews, inductions, career development, pay and benefits, disciplinary action, parental leave, and harassment.
Using Technology for Good
We’ve invested in technology across all areas of our business because it makes us a better employer, better advisors, and better service providers, all whilst enhancing digitisation to eradicate paper-based processes. Utilising the Cloud, we shield all information about our clients from disaster and risk.
First-class software, from presentation tools to bookkeeping technology, saves time for our employees. This means that clients pay for our expert analysis, insight, and strategy, rather than administrative tasks or number crunching.
We’ve also invested in tech that makes it easier for us to communicate with clients, complementing face to face meetings with regular, recordable, and sharable video presentations which feature commentary on key financial information.
The Champion Culture is a set of standards devised by the Champion team that governs the way we work, the way we interact with each other, and the way we service our clients:
- We do the right thing, always
- We constantly develop ourselves and our methods, striving for excellence and consciously nurture a blame-free, learning-focussed environment
- We protect and enhance staff morale by challenging, motivating, and inspiring each other
- We are proud, in our work, our colleagues, our conduct and our performance
- We give and we deserve respect, to and from each other and our clients
- We work with responsibility, taking ownership of our own actions and operating with integrity
- We communicate to encourage and empower each other. We talk and we listen, we praise, we give feedback, and we are always welcoming of new ideas
- We recognise our strengths, foster achievements, share knowledge and accept mistakes. We strive for excellence and know that we excel when working as a team