The property and construction sector is subject to intricate financial and regulatory requirements, including complex VAT traps on property transactions.
With all of this in mind, it is clear why working with a trusted advisor is crucial for businesses in this sector.
We assist our property and construction clients with:
- Starting up in business, including sourcing of finance
- Structuring and restructuring
- Budgeting, financial forecasting and cash flow projections
- Costs management
- Raising finance for projects
- VAT planning regarding property purchases, disposals and developments
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Corporation Tax
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Compliance with HMRC’s Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) rules
- Maximising capital allowances on acquisition and disposal of commercial property
- Exit strategies and succession planning
- Planning that will allow you to maximise the value of your business where you cannot currently sell it
- Inheritance Tax planning
Since its inception in 2000, the Research and Development (R&D) tax relief scheme is designed to support businesses working to make advancements in their field, with many property and construction companies unknowingly qualifying for the scheme.