Retail businesses face increasing pressure to meet their objectives and retain market share in an ever-changing environment.
How, where and when consumers buy is constantly evolving, due to the changing face of the high street and the rapid growth of online trading, direct marketing and mobile commerce. These trends are placing intense price pressures on retailers and in some cases, have resulted in falling or even flat takings.
We understand that timely and proactive financial and business management advice is crucial to our retail clients. Therefore, we provide strategic advice and detailed management information that ensures clients can maintain their position and improve it.
We currently work with a wide and varied range of high street, mail order and eCommerce businesses, assisting them with:
- Starting up a retail business
- Budgeting, cash flow forecasting and financial projections
- Choosing the best trading structure
- Financial management and control
- Buying and selling property
- Strategic expansion advice, including funding options
- Supply chain management
- Stock control, purchase re-ordering and reconciliation procedures to maximise profitability
- Remuneration planning e.g. dividends, bonuses and salaries
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Succession planning, growth planning and exiting a business
- VAT obligations
- Installation and maintenance of IT systems