Trainee Programme: How to Apply
The application process:
- January, February and March: We’ll attend your college’s careers fair and share more about what it’s like to join Champion’s trainee scheme
- March and April: Applications open, with initial interviews held by our HR team and your would-be line manager. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a second interview held with company directors
- May: Formal offers to join our trainee programme are made
- June, July and August: You’ll complete your A-Level studies and receive your exam results
- August: You’ll complete a probation phase, undertaking a full induction with other trainees on the programme
- September: After passing your probation, you’ll start working with us alongside starting your accountancy qualifications
We are now open for applications.*
*The application process timeline is a guide for our recruitment process, but we do welcome speculative trainee enquiries throughout the year for consideration.
To find out more or speak to a member of our team about opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your trainee journey*
- Years 1 & 2: We’ll help you enrol to an AAT training programme, which usually requires around one evening per week of studying either in a college facility or online. The AAT training programme has three levels, which take a total of two years to complete.
- Year 3: After you achieve your AAT qualification, you’ll undertake the professional ACCA standards, a module-based course of study spread over three years, using the 20 days’ paid leave we offer to complete the certification.
- Year 6: You’ll become a certified and fully qualified accountant. Congratulations! Throughout this time, Champion will have supported you with a competitive salary and real-world experience alongside industry experts, with all your qualifications and study time paid for by us. We can’t wait to see what you go on to achieve.
*Exact experiences will vary depending on the number of trainees accepted onto the programme.