Trainee Programme: How to Apply
The application process:
- January, February and March: We’ll attend your college’s careers fair and share more about what it’s like to join Champion’s trainee scheme
- March and April: Applications open, with initial interviews held by our HR team and your would-be line manager. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a second interview held with company directors
- May: Formal offers to join our trainee programme are made
- June, July and August: You’ll complete your A-Level studies and receive your exam results
- August: You’ll complete a probation phase, undertaking a full induction with other trainees on the programme
- September: After passing your probation, you’ll start working with us alongside starting your accountancy qualifications
We are now open for applications for 2022 entry.*
*The application process timeline is a guide for our recruitment process, but we do welcome speculative trainee enquiries throughout the year for consideration. We currently also have opportunities for 2 trainee positions at our Preston office, available to commence immediately. View our Current Vacancies page for more details on the role and how to apply.
To find out more or speak to a member of our team about opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your trainee journey*
- Years 1 & 2: We’ll help you enrol to an AAT training programme, which usually requires around one evening per week of studying either in a college facility or online. The AAT training programme has three levels, which take a total of two years to complete.
- Year 3: After you achieve your AAT qualification, you’ll undertake the professional ACCA standards, a module-based course of study spread over three years, using the 20 days’ paid leave we offer to complete the certification.
- Year 6: You’ll become a certified and fully qualified accountant. Congratulations! Throughout this time, Champion will have supported you with a competitive salary and real-world experience alongside industry experts, with all your qualifications and study time paid for by us. We can’t wait to see what you go on to achieve.
*Exact experiences will vary depending on the number of trainees accepted onto the programme.