Yesterday’s Autumn Statement was the Chancellor’s opportunity to launch the Government’s General Election campaign.
He has introduced a number of measures that will please many people, although they are balanced with a fall in public spending that will continue to provoke debate around the UK for some time to come.
Our Autumn Statement summary provides greater detail of yesterday’s announcements but the following are perhaps among the more valuable to our clients;
• Changes to SDLT abolishing the taxable band system
• An increase in the personal tax allowance
• New measures for inheritance of ISAs and pensions free of tax
• An increase of 5% in R&D tax relief for SMEs
• Abolishing of VAT liability burden on Hospice charities
More in depth details can be found by downloading our PDF booklet here: